Finally done with this guy. Learned a bunch in the process.
This is my take on an awesome concept by the talented Artist Rock D!
Check out his portfolio here
I’m finally done with my Mass Effect-project! I’ve learned sooo much from it! This image is done using Marmoset Toolbag 2. For some reason, it is incredibly slow to work with in Marmoset (UE4 can handle it just fine), so I’ve made some extra images with Vray :-)
This is straight out of Marmoset with minor color corrections and a little glow :-)
Texture-breakdown of the body/face:
Texture-breakdown of the armor:
Here’s a couple of Vray-renderings:
I think I’m done with designing the character and I made some color changes in the process. When I combined the head with the armor it all just blended together, so I decided to change his tribal markings to a bright yellow which compliment the blue armor great ( I think).
Next up is – well I’m not exactly sure yet. I’m not sure whether to just use the rough sculpt in ZBrush to bake from or retopologize in 3ds max first. I think I’m going to start a thread on Polycount.com asking peps for guidance.
Be sure to regularly check out what’s going on on the blog. This is where I post what I’m up to before it hits the front page.
Welcome to my brand new portfolio!